Wednesday, January 6, 2010

To Resolve . . . or not??

I have to say that I truly DO admire those who make a few New Year resolutions, and the have the discipline keep them . . . I have a lot of discipline, but have never made even a SINGLE New Year resolution . . . And, I never will . . . Which is NOT to say there's anything wrong with making them . . . There isn't, it just isn't my thing . . .

I love the Buddhist "We die daily, and are reborn daily" . . . Ergo, everyday is New Years Day . . . In fact, every moment is that . . . And we can take advantage and make a resolution anytime we darn well feel like it . . . In fact, to make ten resolutions at one time is not likely to work for most people . . .

So, what do we do? What works? Despite what society tells us about multi-tasking, it just simply doesn't work for most people . . . When we make ten resolutions, THAT'S multi-tasking . . . And, we set ourselves up for disappointment . . . Make one at a time, or two, but NOT ten . . .

Let's face it, life is difficult enough with work, the social life, parents, kids, the routine . . . So let's focus on ONE thing at a time . . . Want to lose weight? Focus on that until it becomes a HABIT . . . Want to learn something? Focus on that until it becomes a HABIT . . . Want to get fit? Focus on that until it becomes a HABIT . . . Or, do two things if that's possible, or three . . . But NOT ten . . .

Of course, this is only MY opinion . . .

How about, one resolution per month? By the time January is over, that resolution is a HABIT . . . Then it's on to February, and so on . . . So, instead of ten failed resolutions, we have TWELVE accomplished resolutions . . .

Let's think beautiful thoughts . . .

Until next time . . . Ciao baby!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent suggestions as usual. And this from a person who made 10 -- yeah, count 'em ... 10! -- resolutions. LOL

I do agree with the idea that every day is a new day. In fact, on most mornings, I remind myself, "Today is a new day!" I'm still working on ... transforming things in my life, but I'll get there.

I miss seeing you on Gaia. Are you gone? I e-mailed you there. If you're gone, I may delete my account.

All best,
s.

Snake said...

Could be you're the one to fulfill all TEN . . .

Gone from Gaia . . . Saw no point in continuing . . . There was NO energy happening, and never will be . . . It's a wasteland . . . Only my opinion . . .

EVERYday is a NEW day . . .

Ciao

Anonymous said...

We'll see ...

And good to know about Gaia. I was feeling the same way, but I kept an account to stay in touch with you.

all best!

s.