Monday, February 28, 2011

Speaking of relationships . . .

We've all heard it said that relationships are mirrors to ourselves . . . And in fact, they ARE!

We each have relationships on many levels, from the less than deep to the very profound . . .

We might think of relationships as teachers . . . If we look at each of our relationships, what do we see? Do we see something superficial and benign? Do we see ourselves as needing something from the other, or they from us? Do we find the energy being sucked from our soul? Are we better off for knowing this person, because perhaps they make us better?

There are many barometers of ourselves . . . There are relationships, there are behaviors, there are emotions . . . And then there are . . . THOUGHTS and beliefs . . .

Perhaps we should from time to time take inventory of our personal interactions, and ask, Why is person X or person Y in my life? What are they showing me? Does this person add value to my life? Do I add value to theirs? Am I better off for knowing him or her? Should I make a change?

Life IS beautiful, if we simply allow it to be . . . 


Peace and love .  .  .

Until next time . . . Ciao!!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Cannot wait to be done my classes so I can read those books you recommended.
To feel the serenity you depict in your writing would be a terrific place to be.

Snake said...

Yes, read those books and you'll love them . . . I chose them for you because I know they'll resonate . . . Thank you for your comment! Ciao