Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Life is too short . . .

"Life is too short, grudges are a waste of perfect happiness, laugh when you can, apologize
when you should, and let go of what you can't change.  Love deeply and forgive quickly, take chance give
everything, and have no regrets. Life is too short to be unhappy, you have to take the good with the bad, smile when you're sad. Love what you’ve got and always remember what you had. Always forgive but never
forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret. People change and things go wrong, but always
remember...LIFE GOES ON!!!"


Those are the words of George Carlin after the passing of his wife .  .  .


Yes, I truly believe this .  .  .  Forgive . . .  I forgive everyone .  .  .  Does everyone forgive me for my perceived transgressions?  Probably not .  .  .  


"Perfect happiness" . . . Nothing is perfect, but we have to rise above the shit we ALL experience .  .  .  Rise above baby!  Happiness truly IS within .  .  .


Yes, life is too short to be unhappy . . .  Let's NOT be whiny and negative and complaining . . .   


Smile and laugh when you're sad . . .  YES!!  And as my beloved grandmother always told me .  .  .  When you feel badly, DO something for another human being .  .  .  Acts of generosity evoke gratitude .  .  .  Generosity and gratitude raise consciousness .  .  .


So, will YOU do something to raise consciousness?


FORGIVE . . . RISE ABOVE . . . DON'T WHINE . . . BE GENEROUS AND GRATEFUL . . .


And when we encounter weak people, our strong vibration might just help them RISE ABOVE!!


Together, we CAN do this!


Peace and love .  .  .


Life is beautiful baby!!


Ciao!!

5 comments:

Aphrodite said...

Thanks Snake! Always uplifting to read your words! :)

Snake said...

Thanks A for your kind comment . . . Ciao!

Amazon Woman said...

So you're not gone after all, nice! And it's good reminding us of what life is all about! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

""Life is too short, grudges are a waste of perfect happiness, laugh when you can, apologize
when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Love deeply and forgive quickly, take chance give
everything, and have no regrets. Life is too short to be unhappy, you have to take the good with the bad, smile when you're sad. Love what you’ve got and always remember what you had. Always forgive but never
forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret. People change and things go wrong, but always
remember...LIFE GOES ON!!!"

I am clinging to these words, running them over and over in my mind.

I am trying to rise above.

I usually do. It's just a little more difficult this time around.

I don't hold grudges, it's a waste of energy. I don't forget because as you said, I should learn from the experience. I am not sure I embrace forgiveness; the concept is foreign to me or rather it doesn't fit. Forgiveness is usually cloaked in some religious meaning to which I cannot relate. I can move on, be fine, pleasant, and happily interact with those who have wronged me, disappointed me, and/or hurt me but I don't forgive them.

-H

P.S. After writing and reading my words, perhaps my way is forgiveness. *shrugs shoulders*

Snake said...

"After writing and reading my words, perhaps my way is forgiveness."

You may he right H . . . Thank you for your comment! yes, the words of GC really hit the mark, don't they?! Ciao