Thursday, May 14, 2009

Speaking of INSPIRATION . . .

We are ALL capable of being inspired . . . After all, what is life without inspiration?! Seriously . . .

Where do we find inspiration? You find it where you find it, as do I . . .

Once a week, I volunteer my time to transport cancer patients from their homes to various hospitals for treatment, and then home again . . .

This isn't to make me appear anything special, but . . . I DO find myself greatly inspired by the people I meet . . .

They truly are an incredibly positive group, very uncomplaining, and very much looking forward to a birthday, a holiday, an anniversary, TOMORROW, and so on . . .

My father died a lingering death from cancer, so I DO know what that's like . . .

However, to spend one's whole day surrounded by cancer is a completely different perspective . . .

It isn't that I do anything much for the cancer victims I drive here and there . . . It's what THEY DO FOR ME . . .

And, I thank them sincerely for their INSPIRATION!!

Until next time . . . Ciao

No comments: