Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The apple of my eye . . .

No question, my beautiful daughter is the apple of my eye . . .  Many people have told me she's the feminine version of me . . .  Both personality and physicality . . .  I was there when she was born, when she broke her forearm in six places at five, when she broke her ankle at twelve, and again at fifteen . . .  She's an athlete like me, so she's had some dings . . .  And then a broken thumb at sixteen . . .  Her kindergarten grad, her first basketball game, every band concert, her Care Bear Village, her first driving lesson, her high school grad, her university grad, and endless other things . . .

I had the great privilege of coaching her on many basketball and soccer teams . . .  She's a great athlete . . .  And then we coached a team together that won a championship . . .  She's a great coach too!

Six years ago, she decided to turn her back on her degree and pursue a career in the media . . .  Five years ago, almost to the day in 2007, she and I made the trip to her first job a LONG distance away . . .  

She had a career dream, to achieve a specific goal . . .  And she's had to make a few major moves to make it all happen . . . 

At exactly 2:48 pm local time today, she called me to say she's achieved that dream . . .  Or at least, the first level of it . . .

I LOVE that little girl!

Peace and love . . .

Life is beautiful . . .

Ciao baby!!  

No comments: